Terry And Carr LTD was established in 1958 by Mr Arthur Terry and Mr Roy Carr.

They had both been working together at an old firm within Sittingbourne called Bowes Builders. Bowes Builders closed down, so they decided to set up business together, an office and joinery workshop in Shortlands Road.  Arthur Terry was the estimater,while Roy Carr organised the work and also worked on the tools. He could do the brickwork, plastering , roof work plus most of the aspects of building .  Roys father Jack (bricklayer) aslo worked for the firm with Roys two brothers Harry (joiner) and Frank (Bricklayer plus anything)

The firm is currently run by Andrew and Jackie Carr, Melanie and Pauline.